What is one of your favorite crock pot meal to make?

Just bought one but I have only made like Beef Stew and Chicken and Dumplings. Kinda Blah.....would love some ideas. Short on $ and have 3 growing teenagers in the house. Thank you

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 6:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My family loves when i put chicken, potatoes, carrots and gravy in the crockpot with some cornbread or biscuits on the side. They also love my chili beans made with pinto beans, ground turkey meat or ham or hamburger meat, chili seasoning, hot taco seasoning, a few tablespoons of budweiser brand bbq sauce and of course good ol sweet cornbread on the side :) you can also download great ecookbooks in PDF format here http://www.recipelion.com/Crock-Pot-Recipes/33-Hearty-Crock-Pot-Recipes-eCookbook#

405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Layer of rice, layer of rough chopped root veggies, layer of herbs/seasoning, layer of chicken pieces (they can still be frozen and it works fine). Pour chicken stock over all of it and let it go all day.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Pot roast! :-) Put the roast in, mix seasoning with water and pour over roast, add veggies and potatoes, roast on low for 10 hours or high for 5 or so hours. :-) I'm sure the time varies depending on how big the roast is.
    GodsAmiga

Answer by GodsAmiga at 7:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If you haven't already, you should check out the crock pot groups - they have tons of recipes listed.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 7:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Whoops, forgot to list mine - I love mine for soups - chili, veggie beef, potato. I also like to throw a pork loin in, let it go all day, then shred & bbq it for sandwiches. I've even done cheesy potatoes for a side for a meat that I did in the oven or on the grill, or scalloped potatoes & ham.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 7:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Pulled pork. Buy a pork shoulder (make sure it will fit!). Cover with chicken broth. Cook on high for 6-8 hours. Take out and separate the meat from the fat. Combine with favorite BBQ sauce and add a little of the broth to keep it moist.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I like to take a pork roast, carrots, potatoes onions, a little bit of pepper, and some chicken broth and cook it that way. It makes the pork very tender.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I just do the Pot Roast with all the vegs in it.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Pork chops. Season and brown pork chops. Place in crockpot, add a couple cans of cream of chicken soup and french style string beans. Cook on low for about 6 hours. Serve with rice.

Kielbasa. Cut kielbasa, potaotes and onions in bite sized pieces...all about the same size. Put in crockpot. Add a bag of sauerkraut, dollops of butter and cook on low for about 4 hours or until potatoes are done.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No Hurry Vegetable Curry
    1 tablespoon peanut oil
    1 to 2 large carrots, sliced on a diagonal
    1 medium-size yellow onion, chopped
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    2 tablespoons curry powder
    1 teaspoon ground coriander
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
    8 ounces green beans, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (I don’t like green beans, so I use some combination of spinach, broccoli, cauliflower)
    1-1/2 cups home cooked or one 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
    One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
    2 cups vegetable stock
    1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
    1/2 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
    Salt

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2010