how can I get rid of cradle cap? My daughter is cradle cap and we used EVOO to help get rid of it but that seems to make it worse? Any suggestions on how to get rid of it ?

pandpmommy

Asked by pandpmommy at 6:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i used to just brush my babies hair everyday after a warm bath went away in like 2 weeks or less depending on how much hair your baby has.
    Mamii0f2

Answer by Mamii0f2 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I know it sounds gross..but pick at it. After a bath it will be soft and you can just pick it off. You could try some cradle cap balm. I have also used a toothbrush to scrap it off. It took me over five months to get rid of all of it on my daughter.

tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 7:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I used to put a bit of baby oil on his hair and massage the scalp. Then I washed it gently with baby shampoo.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• my momma used to use baby oil... but every time i say anything about baby oil even if it's proven safe by my dermatologist i get a ton of people on here saying how bad it is..... so use at your own risk LOL

pinkrayn

Answer by pinkrayn at 7:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• We used Gentle Naturals Cradle Cap Care, and we use a fine tooth comb after every shampoo. It took a couple shampoos to get the product all the way out of his hair, but his scalp improved within one or two uses. He had it around newborn age, and got it again when he was a little older. Haven't really had problems since then, but he has really sensitive skin so I watch for it.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• they make a shampoo it has winnie the pooh on it it helped me w/ my son
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 7:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I agree with most everyone on here. Also I was told that when you shampoo their head to put the shampoo on a soft baby brush and then massage it in circles on their scalp. It helped with my daughter. :-)
    GodsAmiga

Answer by GodsAmiga at 7:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Massaging with a soft brush while shampooing helps, like godsamiga said. Cradle cap is nothing but a cosmetic problem, and it will go away with time. I used to pick at my son's head, which as gross as it is seemed to help.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:10 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• thank you all we used baby oil and alot came off. last night
    pandpmommy

Comment by pandpmommy (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I used the baby oil gel which is a little thicker - massage gel into scalp then with a fine tooth baby comb, gently comb the hair and scalp only removing what easily comes aways with the comb., almost like exfoliating.

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 8:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2010