• In the Spotlight:

Should I cut her hair?

My daughter is almost 9 months old.
Her hair is nice in the front but in the back it gets mated and is really fuzzy. I've tried combing it, and putting a little conditioner to moisturize but it doesn't help. Should I cut it in the back to get rid of the frizz..leave the front..or cut it all to look the same?
I was so happy that she had loads of hair when she was born..but now it's always knotted.

tobys.mommy

Asked by tobys.mommy at 6:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I probably wouldn't cut much if any... Take her to a little "beauty shop" and ask one of the stylists what they recommend. They may be able to use the thinning /layering tool to help keep the tangles out.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Have you tried any kid detanglers?
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My daughter is 2 and has curls that frizz. I use a bit of leave in conditioner and a comb with my fingers, no brush or comb. It looks so much nicer now, little ringlets. :) I wouldn't cut it. I think little girls should have long hair.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 7:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It's up to you!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I've been wanting to do the same for exactly the same reason. I've decided to wait.
    nangel5

Answer by nangel5 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would keep looking for a detangler that works. Maybe a drop or 2 of biosilk?
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Definitely think about detangler-those baby curls will only last for so long! After washing her hair, get your detangler, spray a little in and work a comb (gently!) from the bottom of her hair up, separating the fuzz like cotton balls, if you have to. Then lightly scrunch it and dont brush through it afterwards or the fuzziness will come back. If its frustrating, maybe take her to get her pictures done and go for her first trim afterwards! That way youll always have the pictures to remember her hair by..:)
    Michelle579

Answer by Michelle579 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Dont cut !! just use a good detangler, or leave in(not too much) and when it grows it will be better. If you cut it well, no more curls, and it will grow back not the same.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• For all those saying to use detangler - all it is is watered down conditioner. Mama, if you're already using conditioner, don't bother with detangling spray. Whether you cut it or not is entirely up to you. I personally wouldn't though, I dealt with it.
    Anonymous

• It's up to you...just save a lock of it. I figure..if it's starting to be a pain, have it trimmed. My son had TONS of hair and we finally got it at 11 months. It could wait no longer...everyone thought he was a girl, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2010