home jobs

My husband thinks all at home jobs are scams. So the businesses with fees he also thinks are scams. How can I convince him these are fees to keep the business going , not just scams for all "fees".

arenad

Asked by arenad at 6:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you want to do something like child care look at www.care.com. Some people who need care say it's OK for the provider to bring their child. use the pulldown to see the different categories.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't know how to convince a naysayer or a "negative nellie" of anything. I had a "friend" tell me that I would never ever be able to make money with what I'm currently making money with. Told me it was a waste of my paycheck to "buy the kit".
    I made more this year doing what I'm doing than she made with her full time job, and she has to answer to a boss.
    All I can say is show him people who do, and people who can.

I paid for a kit (which included demo items and product, order forms, business materials, etc) and I started making money the following week. I sell a product--I don't join those "get rich quick" schemes and scams.
    Don't join any company that promises you'll get rich quick. The only way to get rich quick is an inheritance, or the lottery. I work my butt off for my success....but I get to keep all the profit, not some boss that doesn't appreciate me.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 1:11 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• 405mom-I paid 150 for my kit (149, really) and got 800.00 in jewelry and 200 in business materials. Even if you go kaput you can selll the demo kit jewelry and make a profit lol!

I have never heard of having advanced commisssions and paying it back---of course, with guy and eva I have the option of building a team, and enjoy doing it, but it's totally optional. IWhat company does that>> I really would like to know so I can advise women to avoid it.
    If you don't want to tell me publicly, pm me that info--seriously, people should know that info. That's just wrong!
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 8:31 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yup I agree lilmomma thats y i started my own business
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yea u shouldn't have to pay somebody to work for them
    Mamii0f2

Answer by Mamii0f2 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• WAHJ's that you have to "buy" are 99.9% of the time SCAMS! There have been numerous media coverages about these. Now, Avon & Mary Kay charge a website maintenance fee. But, they are accredited with the BBB. Most of the WAHJ's that charge you to "join" or "buy their program" are getting rich themselves by taking your money and anyone else's that they can sucker. Bottom line, it you call the BBB about a WAHJ program and they aren't listed or are reported as scams, STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 7:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You do know that call centers hire people to work from home, don't you? The process is very time consuming, but worth it if you want to work from home. In my town Sprint hires at home workers, also Convergys, Alpine, etc. I have a list of companies that do if you'd like to see it: Call Center/Customer Service Job.  These are not jobs that require any type of fee.  They are like any other jobs.  You have to train onsite and then they will check out your at home computer to see if it meets their qualifications. 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You should never have to pay for a "job", however most businesses do have a start up cost. The two of you should check things out together, and see which opportunity is best for your Family. I made sure to check on www.bbb.org before I made my decision.
    Hope this helps a bit!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 8:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Thats not a very nice answer Happymom2-2. Sheez... have some class and courtesy. No need to yell at anyone.
    anony-mous

Answer by anony-mous at 8:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• https://my2scents.scentsy.us

This is what I do from home to help support my family. My hubby was unsure when I first pointed it out to him, but he really appreciated the idea that I was wanting to take some of the burden of our bills off his shoulders. I've made really good money, and I've had tons of fun selling Scentsy. I have made money every month. Scentsy honestly sells itself. Email me if I can help with any details or extras!! Best of luck!!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 8:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010