Why the double standard for Michelle Obama & Sarah Palin?

Why is she judged for spending a few days making speeches...

Yet Sarah Palin rarely makes it back to Alaska and has school age kids and a special needs baby?

She holds no office, yet is ALWAYS on the campaign trail...now filming a reality show with her kids...remember the ones she wants OUT of the spotlight.....

Kate Gosselin gets RIPPED for the affect it has on her kids, yet Palin is a great Momma Grizzley and some were actually downing Mrs. Obama for a few speeches...

Why the double standard?

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 7:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Michelle Obama has her Mom there caring for her kids if she is gone. I don't know why people are bashing her for campaigning.
    Palin has been on the road since 2008. But everyone LOVES her....well, the Conservative women do anyway.
    The thing that REALLY burns me up is how some people say that Michele Obama looks like a monkey...I have seen some crude ,rude people post that here. Makes me sick.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Why the double standard?

***
    LOL...here's just ONE example...Bush left office with what was considered (by liberals) to be a HUGE deficit, and was crucified for it! But then President Opie comes along, and QUADRUPLES that debt, and it's "all good!!"

THAT, my dear is just ONE example of a double standard!!

As for the rest of your post...

Michelle is FLOTUS, and should carry herself better--attire and attitude for starters!!
    Sarah is a PRIVATE CITIZEN...she can say and do anything and everything she wants...just like you and me!
    Kate is a whiny bitch! Period. End of subject!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Michelle Obama gets ripped because there are a lot of jealous women in this country who love to tear down educated, poised, classy women like her. Maybe they see themselves in Palin - whiny, annoying and tending to blame everyone else for their own mistakes. Wish she's decide to get back to her family and leave the rest of us alone!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 7:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• She holds no office, yet is ALWAYS on the campaign trail...now filming a reality show with her kids...remember the ones she wants OUT of the spotlight.....

How much tax money does she require?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• ...as if no first lady ever went anywhere (like an African Safari)..

***
    You are so friggin obtuse! I showed you an itinerary of Laura and her daughters' trip to Africa--and that it was in the capacity of being an AMBASSADOR--spreading information and awareness about the use of DDT being used where people LIVE to prevent the spread of malaria, and AIDS!!

What exactly did MICHELLE do in Spain..other than get a litany of spa treatments and go shopping?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Depends who is judging- sounds like you have plenty of judgment for Sarah Palin and are giving Michelle Obama the free pass- it is all in how you look at it I guess. We tend to look more favorably on the actions of those we like and vice-versa. If you are saying that Sarah Palin doesn't get slammed in the media, then you are lying to yourself.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• ou tell us, sweet.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Boo hoo and people talk just bad of Palin kerpilu..hell some progressives even made fun of her special needs child

As far as michelle and her daughters..I really do not have an opinion on this one...

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Both of these women are free to go and speak to whatever audience wants to listen to them. I've heard no one say either doesn't have the right or the ability. I do hear a lot of critism of Palin. I see people say they hate her. I have seen liberal media tear her to shreds. I haven't hear anything about Michelle Obama. Well, they did give her grief about her vacation to Spain for taking 40 close friends.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Then why did he take less than HALF teh vacation that Bush and his Daddy did? Why didn't he re-locate his office to Chicago to the tune of 20 MILLION like Bush did?

***

For the BILLIONTH time, Sweets...Crawford, TX, had been his HOME from 1999 until 2009, when he moved to Dallas.

Maybe if Obama was actually ABLE to claim a "home town" he too could have outfitted his HOME so as to entertain foreign heads of state, instead of spending how many millions of dollars on redecorating an office (erroneously, I might add!) he will only occupy for another 2 years!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010