How cold out does it have to be to put the flannel sheets on your bed?

I am for sure putting mine on when it stays in the 30's at night.

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Mine are on already, I put them on at the beginning of the month, too. It's been getting down into the 30's at night so on they went!

For the mommas that use 'em year round, have you thought about getting cotton jersey sheets? Those are the ones made out of "t-shirt" material; soft like flannel only lighter weight for the warmer times of the year.
    NEMommaOf3

Answer by NEMommaOf3 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I put flannels on when it is CONSITENTLY in the 30's or lowr..but I leave my cotton pillow cases on because I like a cool pillow...lol
    STEVESBELLA4EVR

Answer by STEVESBELLA4EVR at 7:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I already have them on our bed...I think I put the first set on the beginning of October.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• That sounds good to me when it's that cold, but my DH gets way too hot when he sleeps. He usually kicks the sheets off no matter how cold it is. I agree with the previous poster about the pillow too. I like to flip my pillow to the cool side. :-)
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i use them year around , much softer.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't put them on until it's cool enough at night that the house actually gets down to the 60 degrees we have the thermostat set at overnight. On the other hand, I usually don't manage to switch back to plain sheets until July.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I use flannel all the time as I like the feel of it better. DH sleeps with only a sheet at all times including winter and I personally have at least one blanket if not two.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• DH is too warm blooded for flannel. Otherwise, when it gets below 40 at night, I'd do it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Mine aren't going on until I've passed through menopause and these damn night sweats stop.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I put a down-filled duvet comforter on my bed when it gets cold. I don't like the feel of flannel. I love the usual smooth sheets.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010