Elementary School Math Tutors?

I live in St Louis and am looking for a reasonably priced math tutor for my 7 year old daughter. Or does anyone know of a program at a college here where the students get credit for tutoring? It seems that with the math programs they use in Elementary Schools, they dont spend very much time drilling the basics or spend much time teaching one concept at all for very long..very confusing to her...

Michelle579

Asked by Michelle579 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I called the local high school. I found a great tutor that way. She used to meet my son at the library.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Call your local high school and colleges to ask about such services. Then there is Wyzant.com, Sylvan learning centers and also care.com. At care.com use the pulldown and you might find some tutors in your area.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• another idea.........you can ask your daughter's teacher if any of the staff does tutoring on the side. My SIL used to.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• www.ixl.com -- You have to pay for the program, but it's fun and provides great practice.
    0123456

Answer by 0123456 at 7:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2010