Do you think it is being hard on a child taking away 'trick or treat' privleges? for misbehavior

kknJt

Asked by kknJt at 7:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Absolutely. That's like putting coal in their stocking at Christmas instead of a toy.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think it's much too harsh. Kids wait all year for this.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If that's what it takes to get a child to straighten up, then you have to do it. I have done it.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It depends on the gravity of the misbehavior, but it is a once a year deal.......

Answer by older at 7:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When a child misbehaves. You take things away they like . Trick or treating is something they like. So it is a good discipline to me.

Answer by louise2 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I took away his privilege to go to the church's fall festival tomorrow. He has the opportunity to earn the right back if he chooses to. If he chooses not to do what is asked of him in order to be allowed to go then he won't go. At this point it is his choice. Same will go for trick or treating. I would not take it away with out the opportunity to earn it back.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Nope. Not if they have been warned. My sons each lost Halloween once each. I never threatened it for small stuff..but big stuff, you bet.They had plenty of warning. They knew I was serious. I never used empty warnings or threats. If your childs behavior is something really out of control..I would do it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• if the crime fits Look no kid ever died from missing one fun event . Our job is to help them learn and grow into decent Adults
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• seems harsh to me but I don't know the offense either................
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• continuous bad behavior. not listening, disobeying. he is 6
    kknJt

Comment by kknJt (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2010