How long does miracle whip stay good passed the expiration date.

I know sometimes it's just a guide line. Mine expired 9/30, and i ate some. How long does it take for food poisioning to set in?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It's almost a month out-dated. I'd throw it out.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 7:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When it looks or smells funny at our house. lol. If you were going to get sick it would be pretty quick.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think you would know if it was spoiled--it would look and smell bad. The date is a guideline....a few days PAST the date won't hurt.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It doesn't last long enough in our house to know, but I do know my MIL uses it for months past the date and it's never affected them. She keeps it refrigerated constantly of course, and I know I've eaten foods of hers with outdated MW, and I had no problems either. If it tasted fine, you'll be fine.
    Anonymous

• I throw it out within 5 days of the expiration date. You cannot always tell something is spoiled by sight, smell or taste. Better safe than sorry.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I never use food after the expiration date. I've seen enough food poisoning, to not want to experience it for myself.  

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 10:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I throw away things once they smell gross, or if there is mold.
    So if it still smells and tastes fine then it should be okay to eat still.
    AlyssaJones

Answer by AlyssaJones at 10:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• 405mom

Answer by 405mom at 1:39 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• sorry this is the right link http://www.stilltasty.com/

405mom

Answer by 405mom at 1:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Food poison within 24 hours. You'll know. You'll be in the bathroom with it coming out both ways... hope it doesn't happen to you! When you're dealing with egg products, best to stay close to the date. if it starts separating and you can see the oil, don't even bother opening it. just trash it.

Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 6:32 AM on Oct. 27, 2010