If you met an average guy who knows as much about ancient Egypt as an archeologist, would you think he is obsessed with it or just interested?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Unless you are an archeologist yourself, how do you know he knows as much about it as an archeologist does? Maybe he just knows a whole lot, but I doubt he'd know AS MUCH without the same education.... Anyway, I'd just think he was very interested in the subject. Then again, I just like people who know a lot. Brains are a turn on.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• you again!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• He's probably just interested in the subject. I actually have a degree in anthropology, and I remember many people went on archaeological digs as a hobby rather than trying to make it a career. If it's all he talks about or something, maybe you need to let him know your level of interest is not the same. LOL
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It would depend on how he talked about it. For instance, I once had a friend who was obsessed with Disney-anything and everything Disney. It was almost the only thing he ever talked about. He never bothered listening to other people-hardly let other people talk. One time we were on the phone with each other and he started telling me the history of Disney. It was late and I fell asleep after a couple hours of it (he was at Pinnochio). I woke up a hour later and he was still talking...and was still talking about Pinnochio. Lol! That to me is obsessed. Now if it was something he enjoyed talking about, liked, and because he was interested in it he had researched it...and if he didn't allow it to rule his life and didn't have it dominate all his conversations with people...then I would have said he was just very interested in it. :-)
    GodsAmiga

Answer by GodsAmiga at 7:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Just because he has educated himself about an ancient civilization doesn't make him obsessed. If you have no interest in any of it you should walk away now. I f you think you might like to learn it would be a great opportunity. As someone else said. "Barains are a turn on" to some women. I happen to be one of them.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Maybe he is just a smart guy , who found an interest that he enjoys
    Bubbles120

Answer by Bubbles120 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• unless he is an archaeologist or a professor, he's obsessed!
    dixie383

Answer by dixie383 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2010