Have you ever fallen and not been able to get back up?

TikkiNippets

Asked by TikkiNippets at 7:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes. We used to have all of these huge bushes around our front porch. I dropped something and I bent down to pick it up and I fell into these monsters. I could not untangle myself to get out! I yelled for my DH to help me. He came outside took one look and started laughing. Then he hauled me out--still laughing.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Not yet.

Answer by louise2 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• about 4 years ago, my daughter was jumping on my back, and totallllly threw my back out..i was in oain the rest of the day..and the next morning when i woke up..i couldnt get up!!! i was sitting on my bed, but i couldnt stand..i had to pee soooooo bad!! omg it was the worst feeling ever!! it took be 25 minutes to get up, i was crying so bad!! it hurt!!! took me another 30 minutes to make it to the bathroom, pee, and stand up again..i seriously thought i was ognna be like that forever..and i was like that for about a week...it was terrrrrrrible
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Isn't this a COMMERCIAL? The lady who says "I have fallen ..and I can't get up" ?
    Yes, I did once when I tripped off our deck,taking the dog out early in the morning. I sprained my ankle and had to crawl back into the house. Ouch.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yep,in March when i fell and tore ligaments in my ankle.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• YES! I must have slept funny, because the entire left side of my body was just....dead. I tried to get out of bed and fell straight down. Couldn't get back up, dragged myself to the phone, I was seriously getting ready to call 911, I thought I'd had a heart attack or something... But then the tingles started, heh. Scared the hell out of me, though!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Not exactly, but once I was taking a bath when I was super pregnant and I couldn't get out of the tub LOL. Dh wasn't there to help me either.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• not yet thank goodness
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 8:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes - back in April, on my 30th birthday no less. I got up off the couch to check on my kids who were in bed but not sleeping, and fell - landed my full weight on my left knee. I couldn't move it, it hurt sooooo bad, I had to holler for one of my older kids to come call DH to come home - he ended up taking me to the ER, they did multiple x-rays, shots of pain meds, etc, and found nothing wrong. It's never been the same since though. But yeah, when it happened, he had to pick me up off the floor, put me in a chair, and wheel me to the door, pick me up and put me in the car, etc.
    Anonymous

• well a few months ago i was taking my dog to petsmart with a friend of mine, they were up ahead of me with their dog, a pitbull. my dog wanted to catch up with them, she loves the pit, so she started pulling running and i decided why not run with her. as we caught up with my friend, his dog turned right into my path and i went flying over him and went bang onto the ground, in front of all the shopper in the parking lot.my friend had to help me up.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 10:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2010