how can i get my 9 month old to sleep through the night?

my doughter started sleeping through the night when she was 2 months and then stopped when she was 6 months. Im not sure how to get it back. She is my first so im not sure how her sleeping schedual during the day should be as she gets older.

mamaskip

Asked by mamaskip at 7:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My advice is to put her in her bed when she is relaxed and everything is quiet and let her go to sleep by herself. I have always done it that way and my kids were really good sleepers. They didn't need me to rock them or anything.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• does she have her own room? try to put her in the bed and leave her there! she will cry( it will be hard for you! trust me) but she will cry maybe for 3 or 4 days everytime you put her in her bed. after a couples of day she will get in to the routine , and you will sleep better and she will thank you loool. you the one who should be the boss of your dd routine and not her being the boss.
    good luck loool
    Sofiah

Answer by Sofiah at 8:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My boys at that age were down to 1 nap a day. They would wake up by 8 am, nap from 12-2 and be in bed for the night at 8.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 8:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• my daughter slept through the night from the time she was at the hospital til 3 months when we went on vacation but i still had her on her same sleep schedule then. the doctor told me breastfed babies at this point still arent sleeping through the night and she is 7 months now. she only takes 1 nap during the day and now she fusses because she dnt wana go to bed but i jst put her in her crib and she falls asleep in like 10 min she wakes up about once or twice a night but shes just looking for her passy and goes back to sleep
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Get the book The No Cry Sleep Solution. Much less cruel than the Cry-It-Out method, which causes the baby's abandonment instincts to kick in and the stress hormone cortisol to rise to unhealthy levels in their blood. Letting them cry, it has been discovered, is selfish and barbaric.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You should not let a 9 month old baby CIO. A baby needs to know that when they cry, their needs will be met, in order to establish independence and trust. I second the "No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley....it is full of wonderful advice.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• my daughter is 9 months old breastfeed baby and still won't sleep thru the night. wakes up about 2-4 times to eat. Im not sure if its because i may not be producing enough milk or not but i wish she would just sleep thru the night too!
    Veronica-Lynn

Answer by Veronica-Lynn at 8:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2010