Suddenly bedwetting...?

My 6 year old has been potty trained since he was 3 years old. There have been very few bedwetting incidents, all at their nana's house. Last week he wet his bed and didn't tell anyone til the following night when it was still wet.- Nice, right? And now tonight, he tells me he pee'd in his bed again last night. Advice? Answers? Solutions? For now, he's sleeping on a stripped bed, wearing a pull-up.

nytefae

Asked by nytefae at 8:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe he has a bladder or kidney infection. Might be time for a dr visit
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Get a matress pad. If it does not stop soon, take him to a urologist. I made the mistake and did not take my son when he was a boy. If he has anyone in his life you do not 1000% trust keep you eyes open. It is sad but a change that drastic could indicate abuse. Don't discount pre teens and teens that are in his life when you make sure your son is safe. Young people are just starting to "wake up " and they don't always have the best impulse control. I'm really glad you do not choose to ignore this change in behavior. Good luck!
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• it could be stress. school work getting harder. but something is bothering him. my son had started to do this too. but I know his school work is more advanced this week before it was too easy for him so the teacher is now testing his ability to advance to 2nd grade work. we have a plastic sheet under his regular sheet just in case.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 8:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Could be alot of things like the other ladies suggested, bladder infection, stress etc. Something may not be such a big deal to an adult can be mind bending to a 6 year old. Think about the things you do when stressed that you woudnt do other wise. Its really no different for a kid.
    Please dont make him sleep on a stripped bed with just a pull up on. Get a mattress pad, give the kid some blankets and make a doctor appt. if he continue's to wet the bed.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Mistynights: What kind of mom would I be if I didn't give him blankets? There aren't any sheets on it because I don't have any extra twin sheets clean. But he's got blankets and pillows. And pajamas. Over the pull up. I guess I should've been more specific.
    nytefae

Comment by nytefae (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Whew..........Im glad to hear that he has blankets. No offense I dont know what kind of mom you are really lol. This is the internet and you said he was on a stripped bed. I think I would put one of your sheets on the bed and tuck them in or something........but Im pretty OCD about my bed :). Good luck !
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• something is going on that has changed this... first start by checking the bed everymorning, to see what is going on... then figure out what has changed that may have caused the regression.
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:15 PM on Oct. 31, 2010