Bump if you celebrate Christmas, if you don't please feel free to tell us why...

This is a supportive question. Please do not bash any of the posters for not celebrating Christmas, okay? They have their rhymes and reasons why. Thank you and I hope to get lots of moms in on this topic :)

Mama2BabyTaurus

Asked by Mama2BabyTaurus at 8:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• I do but my DH side of the Fam. Never do...They just say they just don't....... So i make sure on X mas [ which is my DD's birthday too now] we Celebrate it with my side of the family... I just don't see the point in spending time with my DH parents if they don't celebrate it or don't spend that time with your loved ones.... My DH didnt even know what a X mas tree was or really looked like or how would you decorate it, where to buy one etc.. :( until 5 yrs ago when we were together... I always say its not about getting/ giving presents to me its decorating as a family , spending time with your Loved ones and build memories together! ...Especially watching my kids faces when we go pick a tree, when we decorate it sing Xmas songs to them while we decorate the tree... And Seeing them excited seeing all the presents under the tree... :)
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 8:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• oh i'm not trying to bash either :) !!!
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 8:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• bump

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 8:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• View Full Size Image bump

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't. We never had Christmas as kids, so I never found a real reason to celebrate it, I have no beloved memories or anything like most people who celebrate it do... And I'm not Christian, so I have no religious reasons to celebrate it... Plus, I do celebrate Yule, which falls a few days before Christmas... I see no reason to double up.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• We're choosing to celebrate Christmas but in our own way. On one gift it will say from Santa but on the rest are from Mom and Dad. DH and I really don't want them to grow up thinking that they can make out a list for Santa and he's going to get them everything. So our kids are going to know that Mom and Dad are giving them the presents too. Since ours are 2 and 3 and are starting to ask about and recognize Santa we didn't want to take away that innocence from them.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• well i moved here 4years ago, away from all my family.the first year i was here i celebrated it with a guy i was seeing at the time, the next year i went out with friends for dinner and drank alnight, last year i didn't at all. i moved apartments and jobs, so i was very much on my own, but this year i will most def be celebrating, my sister and nephew are coming to stay and i am expecting my first baby with the man i love a week before xmas.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 10:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• bump
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't celebrate it but I'm not Christian. As a Muslim I just don't celebrate non-Islamic holidays.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 1:54 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• we do and i loveeeeeeeeee it lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:30 AM on Oct. 27, 2010