would you be okay if your husband went out to a bar with a female friend?

My husband has gone out several times with a girl he went to school with. I can't help but feel alittle jealous, but I do trust him. The situation just doesn't seem normal to me. Am I being too jealous?

kherz

Asked by kherz at 8:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Would I be ok with it NOPE would I go YUP I'd be jealous too it just doesn't seem right
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No. A married man has no business going out or hanging out alone with another woman.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i wouldnt care.. i know he wouldn't do it but if they were great friends oh well... i trust him 120%
    mnmommy83

Answer by mnmommy83 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yeah I'd be upset. I'd rather have her come over for dinner.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• absolutely not... he went out a few months ago with his brother a female friend went and they got home at 4:00 am. I blew a gasket. I almost left. its a kick in the teeth because you know shes a friend and he knows she a friend but no one else that may see you knows. he no business at a bar with another women no matter what unless your there. Friend or not friends cross the line. I also lost a friend who tried to cross the line with my husband and we were friends for 30 years. I havent spoken to her in 5 years and never plan to. DO NOT let him go its wrong
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• older- i have a friend that ive known since diapers that is a guy, and my husband has NO issues if i go to dinner with him or hang out with him if he can't come with .. i dont think im being too calm at all we have full faith in each other nothing wrong with that... sorry
    mnmommy83

Answer by mnmommy83 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• my husbands best friend is a female....they have been friends since well before he and I met. She is a great friend to him and she and I have become friends, If my hubby wanted to go out and have a drink and watch the game with her it wouldnt bother me of course I would be welcome to come if I wanted to but if I couldnt for some reason it would be ok. Now if it were a girl from work or someone that I didnt know well it would probably bother me somewhat...I trust my husband but I agree that in most situations it is not a good idea.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You are overreacting in my opinion. As long as it was someone he has known (and preferably I have met) I wouldnt care. If he lied to you that would be different. I got out with one of my male friends on a regular basis. I have known the guy years dh has met him and does not have a problem with it.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• hell no! thats something i would never allow not because i dont trust him but because i am very jealous of other women for some reason.
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You are Not being too jealous- if my husband went out to a bar with a Female Friend; not only would i be Upset- i would also be Done! & i am Not a Jealous Wife! Why would your husband go without you? That is very disrespectful- i'm sorry he is doing this to you!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 8:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2010