Has anyone heard about hydrogen peroxide curing cancer?

My co-worker told me she knows of an elderly man who had prostate cancer and had ask his friend who had it before too what he did to beat it. The man told him that he drank 6 drops of food grade hydrogen peroxide every day and then the dr told him it went away. Well the other guy took his advice and his went away too... My co-worker sent me an article about the benefits of hydrogen peroxide also working for arthritis. She tried to explain to me that hydrogen peroxide, when ingested increases your oxygen levels which helps your body fight stuff off. It think this information is worth sharing with others if you read this.

ChicaThis

Asked by ChicaThis at 8:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Health

• I don't know. I am a bit skeptical, but I can also see where the FDA would NOT want people to use it. If it does cure it, and people find out, there are several drug companies out of business overnight. It should be used under supervision of their healthcare provider who gets money by prescribing expensive drugs. I would only continue it's use with the doctor's ok just to be sure that it isn't affecting his health in another way.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You might want to check Snopes before you put this out there... apparently many internet forwards about the wonders of hydrogen peroxide have circulated, despite the fact that it's potentially hazardous to ingest hydrogen peroxide. Check it out here: www.snopes.com/medical/homecare/peroxide.asp
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My co-worker knows someone personally who tried it and it worked for his prostate cancer. This guy took the advice of one of his friends and that's why he used it. You are suppose to use food grade hydrogen peroxide which is 3%.
    ChicaThis

Comment by ChicaThis (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• never heard of it....
    christina110

Answer by christina110 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• http://www.h2o2.com/technical-library/default.aspx?pid=78&name=FDA-Drinking-Info

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning consumers not to purchase or to use high strength hydrogen peroxide products, including a product marketed as “35 Percent Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide,” for medicinal purposes because they can cause serious harm or death when ingested. FDA recommends that consumers who are currently using high-strength hydrogen peroxide stop immediately and consult their health care provider.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2010