Annoyed right now....(this is kinda long)

I'm a stay-at-home mom and proud of it. I know what my kids are doing (even though one is only a few days old) at all times. What gets me is I go to play-group about once a week for child/adult social interaction and I always feel bad about myself whenever my child & I leave. The other mothers all work and kinda dump stuff on me because I'm the only parent that stays home. Being a stay at home parent is work! I'm thinking about not continuing in the group because of these women. They either completely ignore me because they think that we have nothing in common (like our kids aren't the same age) or try to make me fix all the snack food for the kids. I even had one woman state to the group of mothers that I should do all of the food prep. because I had nothing better to do!! Any ideas on how to handle these women?

OliviaW.

Asked by OliviaW. at 8:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would probably make a comment in a laughing way like " wow, now I see how you ladies view me, you must all think I just sit around twittling my thumbs waiting for one of my kids or your guys to give me something to do!" Then I'd make the comment "I can tell none of you have been a stay at home mom or you'd know my job isn't so easy! They'll all laugh and giggle but they'll think about what you said, I would!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Oh boy would that make me mad!

It happens forever though...even when they get into school...the teacher assumes you can be super room mother...even though you still have babies at home.

I like what the PP said...sort of laugh it off, but make your point.....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Honestly, I'd have left. Women that think that of any mother bother the heck out of me.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Oh hell no! I am sahm and I love it but it is work,and you don't get of work until you go to sleep.Wow for moms to say that it is crazy.I would just tell them hey if are going to be treating me like this I am out.Fined another group,one that understands and will respect you for the mother you are. They might be jealous,most people that make caty remarks like that are. Good luck
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 1:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I probably wouldn't go back....and either find a new group or try to form one myself...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I would find another group of people that were more like me
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2010