And you wonder why I don't trust him? Help me understand!

My dh of almost 20 years has not cheated (that I know of) but he has lied to me in the past. Because of this I don't trust him and I tell him and he doesn't care about it. It's some of his actions that get me so confuse for example; He is currently at a golf tournament which he has already paid for months ago. Yesterday I noticed he spent $40 at Walmart and I asked him what could he possibly spend $40 on since I ALWAYS give him lunch to take. He said he got cash back, I said okay and left it at that. Today the day of the tournament I noticed that he spent $76 at a grocery store which most likely was cash back again. Does beer really cost that much? My mind is all over the place. What would you think of this? I hate having to question him about his spending but I'm the one in charge of balancing the checkbook and I wonder why does he need to spend money on other than gas and maybe a beverage here and there but $100?

momplus01

Asked by momplus01 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• If you are the one in charge of the bank account, then you must ask him. And if he is shady about his answers then you have every reason to be suspicious of him.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 9:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Maybe he got gas at Walmart? I don't know I would just ask him.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• $100 in two days that has to be question regardless of who is in control of the accounts. My hubby knows better to spend that much money without first saying i am most likely gonna spend this. We are both really tight with our money and he knows if he doesn't have a good reason why he spent this much on this this and this then I would have a fit and his ass would be on a cash only plan. MY CONTROL...... :~) Call the places and tell them you want a copy of the receipt, or ask your hubby for the receipt.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yeah i would be wondering too. My husband works, but i balance the checkbook, so i would definetely question what the money went towards.
    fallmommy

Answer by fallmommy at 9:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Most men like to have cash on them when they go out with other men. I think it is a one-up man thing. Maybe he wants to treat his buddies to drinks. He does work, right.? Unless money is REALLY tight, I think you are just upsetting yourself over this. This would not make me suspicious. I certainly would not want my husband to keep such a close account of how I spend money and I don't have a job.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 28, 2010