Anyone know how to make homemade noodles?

I really want to make home made noodles for chicken noodle soup, my grandma used to make then but unfortunately she isn't around for me to ask her for her recipe. Can any of you girls help me out?

Ariesmama4life

Asked by Ariesmama4life at 8:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Food & Drink

• my grandma makes them too but I have never been succesful at it....so I cheat and buy the Ream's egg noodles...they are soo good just in case you dont find one.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• The ones in the frozen section are great too, maybe the same one's as above, but you can never go wrong with the basic Betty Crocker cookbook. I use the recipe in there, and it is very descriptive on what to do.
    BJAsMom35

Answer by BJAsMom35 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I mix flour, eggs, and broth (or water) to a consistancy that can be handled...knead it a little.....roll out on a floured board as thin or thick as you like.....use a pizza cutter to cut to the size you like....pick noodles up by hand and drop into soup or broth one at a time stirring every so often......cook 15 minutes or so, or to the consistency you like.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• LOVE my Betty Crocker cookbook!! I have the Pink edition :)

2C flour
    2 egg yolks beaten
    1 egg beaten
    1/3 C water
    1 tsp olive oil
    1/2 tsp salt

Stir together 1 3/4 c of flour and 1/2 tsp salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture and add beaten egg yolks and whole egg. Add water and oil and mix well. Knead a little bit, cover and let rest for about 10 minutes (I quite often don't let it rest that long and they turn out just fine). I divide the dough, roll it out to desired thickness, and let sit a few minutes. The book says 20 minutes, but I am usually in more of a hurry than that :) lol The book also says to roll into a spiral and cut strips, but the pizza cutter works GREAT! ENJOY!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2010