Does being around a lot of people make you tired?

I usually work at home and today I had to work in the office. I am exhausted, it is like being around 23 people all day is draining. I know it probably is because I am not a people person. But I have been exhausted since 4:30

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, I tend to like working independently or in small groups of people I know well. Working with more people was ok sometimes as long as I had some time to myself to reflect and just think at some point during the day. I would probably feel drained in that situation too, especially if I had been used to working on my own most days.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• yes my husband doesn't understand it when i want to leave his family functions early. i just don't like being cramped in a house full of people with noise and a bunch of kids running around.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Absolutely. I dont like being in crowded situations.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i am the same way. like when i go to my in-laws its always crowded. (at least 15 ppl in a smallish house) i am drained by the time we leave. and i am usually a people person
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 9:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• no i like working with people cause time goes by fast. when i am by myself it take 4 ever. lol
    vmr

Answer by vmr at 9:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Ugh yes!! I hate crowded situations too. Give me one or two people - or preferably by myself - and I am a productive worker. Too many and it gives me a headache. I am not a people person either!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think so.I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT LIKE big crowds.I am not good with people or lots of people.I am a loner.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 11:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Melody 77 I feel the same way. Only I came from a very big family and no one gets it. But I know how you feel and definitely it is draining especially around the holidays!!!!!
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You're are an introvert. Being tired and feeling people can suck the life right out of you is a characteristic of being introverted.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 28, 2010