If you do believe in the paranormal

Do you think that all of the shows about it are totally legitimate? Do you think they're all fake? Or do you think that some things they explore are real, but others are a sham?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 9:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think some are real with just a bit of it on the fake side. I am a true believer due to personal experience.
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't think they are fake, but they can be sensationalized. I am sort of sensetive to true paranormal activity so the real ones really draw me in..some I get boored and I change the channel.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i'm a believer...as for the shows, I think a lot of it is real but of course the suspense is for ratings. Like paranormal state, they portray the pentagram as an evil symbol so anything drawn to it is an "evil spirit" ....that's just not so. It always bothers me how when someone sees something, the camera focuses on their reaction more than investigate what was seen lol. Thats what I like about ghost hunters and ghostlab: they put cameras everywhere to catch anything that the main cameras would not
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I visited Waverly Hills Sanitorium last year. That convinced me because the air is thick with a presence. However, I don't believe the shows. It's something a person has to experience firsthand. I felt the same thing when I visited Dachau Concentration Camp 9 years ago.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't watch a lot of tv, but I am sure some of the shows are real and some are probably fake.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:38 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I would be rather hypocritical to not believe, given my own experiences and the fact that I've worked with a PI group locally... But I don't think they are ALL legit either... I've said before, and I'm sure I'll say again, the guys from Ghost Hunters remind me of a bunch of 14 year old girls watching scary movies at a sleep over...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• OMG I've dreamed of going to Waverly Hills for YEARS. I hope to get to go next summer, as well as several other places.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2010