my daughters father wants nothing to do with her what should i do?

carebear71686

Asked by carebear71686 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Be thankfull that you don't have to share her with someone that doesn't deserve her in the first place. If a man runs from his own child, it's his problem, he will regret it sooner or later, and you know you can love her enough for the both of you.
    allybrggs

Answer by allybrggs at 10:17 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Depends...how old is ur daughter? Has he been in her life and then suddenly decided he doesn't want to anymore? You can't force someone to be a father/dad if they don't want to do it.
    My oldest son's "father" hasn't been in his life since he was born. At 1st I did everything I could to "force" in to be part of his life...after awhile I gave up, he still has taken no interest in my son & I'm gonna leave it that way. There isn't much you can do if they don't want to be there for the child.
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• You cant force him to be in her life,,,but you can force him to pay childsuport

Answer by louise2 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Make him pay child support. If he does not want anything to do with her then maybe you are both better off! Do not force him to be a part of her life that may cause issues for her! I hope you get through this
    capemomofalyssa

Answer by capemomofalyssa at 10:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My ex left and never looked back when my daughter was 10 mo. old. He never paid child support. When we would find him, he would quit that job and move on. I finally gave up. Re-married and my husband adopted her. Ex was served but didn't care enough to show up for court. Daughter is almost 19--knows my husband adopted her--completely loves him. Has never shown an interest in looking up her biological dad. Be thankful and look to the future.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• This is not easy. Daughter's dad never been there.Paid $534.00 in child support throughout the lifetime of my now 20 yr old daughter. I have always  supported her financially and emotionally, she always blamed all her wrong doing on lack of dad in her life. I know she still has emotional,mental probs stemming from feeling of not being wanted by her dad. It didnt matter that I wanted her, that I was here for her, that I suffered with her and because of her. She lashed out at me because I was the only one to lash out at. My current wonderful , loving, devoted, caring, hubby tries so hard to be a father figure to her and she wants nothing to do with him.  I have tried therapy. She went once and refused to go again. So when someone gives you a great answer to this question, PLEASE tell me . Hopefully you wont have to go through this as well.
    REzzell0208

Answer by REzzell0208 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Let him go, my son spent 13 years trying to please his biofather who claimed to want to be in ds life, but it was always on bio's terms,years of missed visitation, missed things with friends cuz they werent convenient for him and years of going to court for support and changing visitation. finally when he was 13 ds asked him to let my husband adopt him, it was HELL to get him to sign off, but when he finally did it my ds was relieved that his daddy would finally legally be his father. BTW 2 years later I am still fighting to get the child support he was behind on when he signed off, he assumed that if he signed off I would drop it-basically he sold out his teen aged son for about 3500.00-he forgot that I tend to hold a grudge for the HELL he but my baby through!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My daughter's biological father has never seen her one time...not at all. He was deployed most of my pregnancy, shacked up with some girl over there and married her. Left me and his child in the dust. Now there is NO WAY I would allow him to come around her...it would just confuse her and my daughter is so special that someone needs to earn their way into her life. I started dating my high school sweetheart again when she was a few months old and that is her daddy. He is the one that has spent nights up with her, he is the one that takes her places and does things with her...he EARNED the title "daddy". You will meet someone that treats you AND your child like gold and will value the opportunity to have a relationship with your child. Wait for that.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 30, 2008