my three year old son goes pee on the potty occasionally are there any tips to get him to go pee on the potty all the time

carebear71686

Asked by carebear71686 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is he wearing pullups or diaper still??If he is put him in under wear in the day time..Him peeing on himself should make him understand the potty more..My daughter did that and it worked for her

Answer by louise2 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I put my son in underwear and had him try to go about every 30 minutes until he got the hang of it. Then, when he did go, I would give him a treat. We also added a sticker to a chart that we had made for going potty. We tried to make it fun. It worked for us. And after he was potty trained, we quit giving the treat...but he still asks for it sometimes. Good luck! :)
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 10:54 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I had my son in undies all day. When he decides he doesn't like being wet or waking up on soaked sheets he will begin to go more frequently. Also make him go every 30 to 45 minutes even if he doesn't have to go. Have him sit on the potty for no more then 4 mins if you don't hear any activity.
    KMMlovesyou

Answer by KMMlovesyou at 2:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2008