what is the best way to lose weight after having a baby.. any ideas!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• diet and exercise
    Anonymous

• Breastfeed!!!!!!
    It speeds up your metabolism, drink lots of water, diet and exercise and you'll see pounds go steadily and pretty quickly.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Drink water, not pop/soda. Of course drink milk. But not empty calorie drinks. Lots of fruits and veggies. I got a body shaper after my second baby and slimmed down faster than after my first....but I had a newborn and a 1 yr old to chase around. Exercise every day once you start to get the energy. Even if you are watching tv, do some leg lifts, squats....the kind of things where you actually feel your muscles burning. You need toned up more than anything, IMO, after a baby.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I have to agree with breastfeeding, just be prepared when you quit, the weight has a way of sneaking up on you when you're done!
    BJAsMom35

Answer by BJAsMom35 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i second sassy. breastfeed and make healthy food choices. they lbs will melt off.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 9:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If you don't lose a great majority of the weight months after the baby is born, and you are not breastfeeding where you need to have the extra calories to do so, it may take some changes in eating and some form of specific exercise to target the areas that have been affected by being pregnant. It may take some time to get back into shape after having a baby.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Well, it's not really post partum specific... but cut out pop and sugars! I have 2 friends who did nothing more than cut out pop, and the pounds literaly MELTED away. Also, watch out for the "hidden sugars". If it says low fat, they tend to add flavor by adding sugar. Best of luck to you, mama :) *hugs*
    praisinghim2day

Answer by praisinghim2day at 9:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I've recently written a journal post about losing weight because I always have such a long answer and it doesn't fit well in the answers section. I hope this helps:) LINK  Also I would like to add, not everyone benefits from losing weight from breastfeeding, I sure didn't. lol But as you can see from the other mom's answers, it does help some. Good luck!

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:44 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• use an online calculator to figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose weight.
    then eat as clean as possible.
    eat everything as close to nature as possible.

now for the important part WEIGH YOUR FOOD AND TRACK CALORIES.
    if you guess, you won't lose.
    you can essentially eat anything you want .. as long as you have the calories. you learn to eat better and get the most food for your alloted calories.

drink lots of water.
    have 30 grams of protein within 3 hours of waking up in the morning with less than 10 grams of net carbs.

MOVE!!!
    even if it's parking further away at the store, or walking around the block.
    there are videos on fitness websties and youtube.
    you can use household items as weights.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 9:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2010