• In the Spotlight:

So about JoE Miller now???

"It is true, during a lunch hour I did get on borough computers and I participated in a private poll for about five minutes. It was a mistake I made; I was suspended for three days or received a dock of three days' pay. I've learned from that," Miller said during the KTUU television debate in Anchorage Sunday night.

But it appears as though Miller, as a part-time employee, was not entitled to a lunch hour. Miller "did not get a lunch hour at the borough," his supervisor, Fairbanks North Star Borough Attorney Rene Broker, said in an interview.

Read more: http://www.adn.com/2010/10/25/1518535/miller-downplays-use-of-borough.html#ixzz13WDYl46J

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah,itsmesteph....good thing he is a Republican ...otherwise you would be all over his "minor infraction".
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Now, that I read the report. I think it will impact his campaign.. I am sure you want to do your middle school dance, so please, by all means... Because to you, it isn't about the people. It's about the Party. We get it... It's sad.... One would like to think Miller has learned his lesson and wants to make right by his mistakes. Can people change? He did well in the debate on Sunday compared to Murkowski who alienated herself amongst moderate left leaners even more... Then she came on local news and made an ass of herself this am. McAdams is a whipping boy to the unions and didn't even register to vote till 7 yrs ago. Pathetic.
    Ohhh by the way, sweet~ do you know the difference between a "survey", "polling" and proxy voting, yet? Just so you know for future reference~ proxy voting wasn't used in this case... Online Survey's and Polling are less formal (& as said in pre links) are not determining factor in ousting.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Hell If people REALLY wanted the incumbents OUT...why not nominate REAL candidates...Come on grly, you can;t even help yourself from personalizing this.

Why?IMO~ No one is perfect. I bet some of the best POTENTIAL candidates out there f'd up their credit when they were in college.. I bet some bought too much house.. As much I as love politics, I couldn't run as a Republican.. There are too spring break photos floating around of me out there.. I loved college.. Believe me.. L O V E D it!!! . Then, add to it first business endeavor I attempted. I failed. The state taxes complicated me and I made very common mistakes. I corrected it... But it is those mistakes that keep people who CARE from helping. Those w/ money can hide their flaws win. Those incumbents who HAVE money, use it to stomp the little people. Maybe just once, people wanted an average citizen in office. That is what it is SUPPOSE to be.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• LOL, this is the best you've got? Okie dokie..thanks for the points though! :)
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• LOL whatever. His ideals and conservative beliefs are more important than any minor infraction. I'm not from Alaska so I'll let them decide.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• xactly teh OPPOSITE...it IS about the PEOPLE....WHY are such LOSER CRIMINALS being NOMINATED as the BEST to replace whats in there now?

Who is a criminal?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Compared to the egregious ethics violations by current Congressmen, which are being dealt with via a wink and a nod in Washington DC, this incident is mere blip.

HOW will Miller VOTE when it comes to passing legislation which violates the Pay-Go requirement that the bill delineate how its expenditures will be paid for ?

HOW will Miller VOTE when proposed legislation is in violation of the Constitution?

HOW will Miller VOTE when a Supreme Court nominee is up for approval ?

Will Miller READ THE BILL before voting it into law?

Will Miller be suspicious about legislation - like the Health Care bill, the various stimulus packages, the Cap & Trade Bill passed by the House - which has been WRITTEN BY lobbyists and not by the staffs of legislators ?

Issues such as THESE are astronomically more important than this incident.

HOW DID MURKOWSKI VOTE during the past few years !??
    Is she distracting atte
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:24 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Alaska Senate candidate Joe Miller is remaining cool in the face of new evidence detailing his 2008 breach of Fairbanks ethics practices, an incident in which he reportedly used the computers of four co-workers to participate in a survey that would have ousted the Alaska GOP chairman, a position Miller sought for himself.

"Hacking into four of his co-workers' computers, illegally voting in a poll and then trying to cover up his tracks doesn't compare to this," a Murkowski campaign spokesman said, according to the Daily News.

Murkowski .

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• wow.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Because to you, it isn't about the people

Exactly teh OPPOSITE...it IS about the PEOPLE....WHY are such LOSER CRIMINALS being NOMINATED as the BEST to replace whats in there now? Hell If people REALLY wanted the incumbents OUT...why not nominate REAL candidates...Come on grly, you can;t even help yourself from personalizing this.

It is LESS about MILLER and more about MANY of the Tea Party candidates turning into this MESS...

I am ALL for Reid being gone , but if I were in NV, there is NO WAY IN HELL i'd vote for Angle....

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2010