what's the longest you've gone without sleep? how did it affect you?

so this weekend was absolutely horrible for me and my family. saturday night, my 22 month old was up at midnight and did NOT go back to sleep. so i put her next to me in the bed and just cat napped here and there, got a total of 2.5-3 hours that night, and finally up at 7 with the baby. sunday night, 22 month old was having retractions and i took her to the er. we were in the er til 3 am when they admitted her, both went to sleep at 4am (at that point i was coming up on 24 hours of no sleep) and woke up at 7 am for a breathing treatment. so that makes 6ish hours of sleep for me since friday. took little naps while she slept yesterday in the hospital, total of an hour maybe. 7 now. got discharged last night, had to drop off and pick up her meds at 8pm when we got out, pick up by 9 so she could have a dose, had to wake her up every 4 hours for a treatment, and up at 6:30 am with the baby. couldn't nap today. have no idea why im

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I meant to add a GOOD LUCK in there, and hope that you're able to get some sleep soon!!!!

I know for me...I work doubles on Thursdays, so I'm at work for 14hrs straight with basically no formal break, and when I get home I'm exhausted, but I can't sleep. My body is soooo tired, but my mind is still racing from work. So hopefully, this will all die down for you soon and you're able to get a good nights rest...you and your child!!!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 9:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• up now! should be sleeping! but i have to wake her up in an hour and 20 minutes for another treatment. good thing this waking her up is only til tomorrow then she goes to once a day.

but having such little sleep really affected my psyche! i thought i was losing it!!!! and i was a total b*tch!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• A week. I was on drugs. (Years ago) I fell asleep and was asleep for 3 days apparantly. Felt like thirty minutes!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• So far the longest I have gone is close to 24hrs. And I don't function very well. If I don't get enough sleep...I feel hungover and nauseous ALL DAY!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 9:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When my youngest was a baby she would wake from her 2nd nap at about 3pm and stay awake until anywhere between 3am and 5am. And she would cry from about 11pm on. This lasted for about 9 months and I would only sleep on my husband's days off. It was crazy! I was always sick and depressed and I gained 60 pounds. I couldn't nap when she did because I have an older child too that didn't nap anymore by then.

DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I once worked from 6:30am on a Friday til 3am on a Sunday straight through... I don't know how long I was actually awake, but when I got home I seriously just fell in to bed and stayed there for the next day...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You're not kidding, it really does mess with you when you have such a lack of sleep. that was my least favorite part of having an infant.

I didn't sleep well my whole 3rd trimester and until my dd was a good 10 months old. But, I went about 30 hours with no sleep while I was in labor and then only slept a little here and there in the hospital.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• at least 24 hours....when my baby was born and it sucked
    Jennifer_236

Answer by Jennifer_236 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think about 2-3 days, and it's CRAZY! Everything seems really surreal.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When I was 12, I went about 6 days without sleeping. I was hallucinating, and nearly catatonic. I could barely move by the end of it. I have no idea what kept me up for that long, but I know that I wasn't living in very good conditions. The whole weeks is basically a blur, now.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2010