my DD has what the pedi called a 'stridor' ?? every now and then it sounds like she is gasping for air and cant get it in...

anyone heard of this? he said she will grow out of it....it gets really bad when she poops for some reason??? it doesnt seem to bother her at all tho, its just nerve-racking to me

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, my daughter had this. Don't let the word scare you, it's just a medical title, ok? Your little one is getting air in just fine. What is basically is, according to my pedi, is that her tongue is growing a little faster than her mouth, and this makes that high pitched noise when she cries. The harder she cries, the louder the whistle. I know it's nerve-racking, but I promise it won't hurt her, and she will grow out of as soon as her mouth catches up. Hugs!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• get a second opinion
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I have, but I'm in the medical field. I imagine that it's pretty scary to hear your kid when they're going through it!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010