Is it normal for guys to not call their girlfriend?

I was wondering is it normal for guys not to call there girlfriend?Or does it mean there not interested? How often should a guy call his girlfriend?What if they text more than call?Just wanting to know.My ex started texting me claiming he wants me back.Instead of him calling me,he texts me.

alisha34886

Asked by alisha34886 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Depends on the person, I agree. DH and I text much more than we talk, but it's just easier, and guys aren't big on the phone thing. I haven't done a ton of dating the texting era, but he needs to call you and TALK if he wants to get back together, or arrange to meet with you. (This is only if YOU are interested, too)
    Guys HATE the phone. Seriously hate it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Depends on the person. Some guys just aren't phone people, and only call to meet up.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It depends on your relationship. My DH loves me, but wouldn't call me often if I didn't tell him that I like him to when we were dating. I had some boyfriends that called three times a day, and others that would call once or twice a week.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 9:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't see a reason for a guy to call a gf every day, nor do I see a reason for her to call him every day... But NEVER call... I dunno, I guess it would depend on the guy... My DH never would have called me, he's just not like that... But then, I never would have called him either...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• When I was dating...I didn't have a phone to text, so me and my bf's would talk pretty often. When my husband and I started dating, it was kind of a combo of the two. I prefer to not talk on the phone, and so does he. Even now that we're married, it's a pretty even mix of the two.

As far as your ex...maybe he's texting to soften the blow of if you don't want to get back with him. Maybe in a way he's protecting himself. He's wanting to see if you want to before calling to talk about it or to meet up to talk about it and make it official, ya know???
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 9:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010