Fetal SVT

Anyone else have a lil one with fetal SVT?? I am 13wks. I had my genetics appt today and they noticed small abnormalities with the mitral valve (small enough they are confident will correct itself way before birth :) ) but the heart rate went from a nice 167 to 210 and tended to stay above 200 with brief drops to 150-160. The pediatric cardiologist wants to hold off meds for at least 16wks for another u/s to see if it resolves (it's mild right now) but he's certain it will not due to my own heart history. I have WPW but was diagnosed with fetal SVT and am on meds to control my heart rate which should pass through the placenta and may already be doing the job they want!

babyblue21

Asked by babyblue21 at 9:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• WPW is genetic... there are lots of ways to treat it though (as you already know) ablaision, meds so your baby probably inherited your genes
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:44 PM on Oct. 28, 2010