Do you feel like you are there for everyone else, but no one picks up the phone when you need them?

Maybe I'm just sensetive right now. But I'm not in a good spot right now and just a friend picking up the damn phone somoetime would be nice. I'm always listening to everyone else. When they need something I do my best. I don't constantly have drama that I need to dump or anything, but talking to someone who I'd think would relate would be nice sometimes. No one has time, but I had time for them, I made time. Everyone else says, lemme call you back, and never does. I'm really seeing what a one way street this can be. I'm really dissapointed becaouse these are life long friends doing this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Yep- I feel the same way!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Luckily, not lately, but I've definitely been there. Hope things improve, mama! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I feel the same way sometimes! I do do do for others and when I need a favor its no no no!!!
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• OMG yes! i have always carried everyone's burdens on my shoulders, and the ONLY one who is always there for me when I need her is my mom. she is my rock and my savior when i find myself in a tough spot! everyone else - including other family members and close friends, are nowhere to be found when i need them even though i am ALWAYS there for them

i know the disappointed and almost betrayal you are feeling right now and im sorry! hope somebody comes through for you soon!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Me and my husband have hit this spot so much lately.. its sad really.. but yes, you are not alone!!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Not so much in a situation like this...But at work, I feel that I help people in covering their shifts if they have something that they NEED to do that they can't work, so like this Sunday is Halloween, so I switched my shift tomorrow night with another girl so she could take her little girl trick-or-treating. I wanted tomorrow night off, so it worked out, but I HATE working Sundays, so in that case it doesn't. AND I know that when I NEED a shift covered or switched, most people that I work with are not that accommodating.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 10:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think we all go through this at some point in our lives. For me I have found a great group of friends and they have been there for me recently, when I really needed them. I am very lucky to have this group and I thank God for them every day. it has not alwasy been this way for me, although the past few years I started making new friends because I felt the same way as you. Now I have those friends and I know I can call no matter what time of night it is and they will be there for me.

Good Luck I hope it gets better!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I asked a very similar question earlier. When someone needs me, day or night, I'm there or at least call them to talk to them if they texted me. I've dropped everything for people so many times I can't even count anymore, but no one has ever done that for me. I'm sick of it and I'm sick of them. When I actually can get someone to make a few minutes for me, they start in on me about how stupid something I did was or what I did wrong, even though I've never done that to them. Then, when they end up in a situation similar to one of mine, it's different because it's them and they have no blame. People freaking suck.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yep, I often feel this way. In fact so much so that about 18 months ago I "divorced" a few friends that were serial offenders of this issue. Truthfully It felt freeing and so much better for relationships that are worth maintaining.
    Sorry you are feeling so betrayed but as I've noticed several of you CM friends were here for you!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• So sorry. i have felt this way today also. I feel like I give and give and give to everyone, but do not get the same in return. I feel so lonely today. I can only say that it will get better and I believe that everything comes full circle.
    beendethroned

Answer by beendethroned at 11:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010