motivation

What do u do to keep motivated to workout and follow a diet when everyone arund u doesnt do either.

mg25

Asked by mg25 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I use them as a reason why I have to eat a certain way and make it my business to eat foods I think are good for me. However, I am very fond of ice cream and never skimp on eating that since it's loaded with calcium and it tastes great too.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I'm in your place, mama! 23 1/2 lbs down so far!
    I write on my bathroom mirror motivational stuff, including, "Is the food worth it? Is 5 minutes of something tasty worth a lifetime of high blood pressure and diabetes?" I also have a list of things I love that I will be able to do once I lose the weight and am fit, like skiing, surfing, etc. I do the cooking, so my hubby is forced to eat what I make for dinner. Try "Clean Eating" magazine, Oxygen magazine, and any sport magazines you like. I take my son on hikes, and he likes to exercise with me. We run together around the neighborhood, and play ball and such.
    Try getting a friend on board you can go walking with, too.
    Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Wow, I'm really impressed musicpisces. That's awesome! You're a great inspiration! I have a hard time with this, too. While I still haven't gotten motivated to work out, I have been able to cut back on eating sweets. To begin with, I committed to going one week without sweets. It was hard, and I craved them, but I held out 'cause I knew on Saturday I would get to eat something sweet again. I didn't lose as much weight as I thought, so I committed for another week, with one day in the middle that I had sweets (it was my birthday!). That week was easier than the first. I'm on my third week now, and it actually feels natural now. I don't crave sweets, and when I'm tempted by them at the store, it's actually really easy to say to myself, "You really don't need that, and it won't make you happy to eat it." I think at the end of this week I will be back to my ideal weight. You can do it!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I've always read that it takes 21 days to form a habit. Commit 3 weeks to smaller portions and exercising self control and it will eventually become second nature. Make yourself a routine that involves some form of exercise, walking... running... weightlifting, even if it's only 30 minutes a day the rewards will be great. I agree with musicpisces about the Oxygen Clean Eating Magazine. It's very resourceful. I would take it a step further and buy the regular Oxygen magazine. It has some amazing workouts and some very inspirational articles and people in it. Reading those really helps me stay on track.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 3:03 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• keep busy then u have no time to eat.
    Bubbles120

Answer by Bubbles120 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Hang your skinny jeans or an outfit that you want to get back into on your closet or bedroom door where you will see it and be reminded of what you are working towards. As for how to cope with other eating badly around you, I have the same problem and can only hope that you will be strong enough and remember that you are worth it, so don't give in! GL
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010