How to find a hair salon

I want to get my hair layered and I don't usually go to salons. Im black and i wanna find a black salon to get it done. I'm a lil apprehensive since the last place i went to gave me a haircut when I asked for a trim. But anyway how can I find a good salon?

Keyonsmom

Asked by Keyonsmom at 9:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Find someone who's hair you like and ask where they got it done...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You don't need a good salon, you need a good stylist who will listen to you and your needs and have a thorough consultation before laying a finger on you! There are bad haircuts even out of the highest end salons. It' s who cuts it, not where. So when you as your girlfriend about her hair ask her WHO!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• ask your girlfriend! oopsie! Typo
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Wow! You sound EXACTLY like me a couple weeks ago! With a baby at home, I rarely get out of the house by myself and those time are unpredictable and brief, so when I needed a haircut, I needed it NOW. I ended up going back to the place I didn't like and, while they did a bit better than last year, I really wasn't thrilled with it. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Hi hairstylist here! Ask one of your friends or look up a couple of salons in the yellow page then go to citisearch to see what kind of reviews the stylists have, as PP said you need a good hairstylist, the salon has good ones and not so good ones, a good sign is if they stylist is busy and you have to wait for an appointment!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:37 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• look at allot of people and their hair - when you find someone with the same style you like, ask her where she gets her hair done and try that place - or you could go and interview several shops and find out how they cut hair -
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Ask around. Ask for a stylist by name. One in a solon might be good, while the one next to her isn't.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2010