Do you get scared when you go to Halloween haunted houses?

Are you one of those people who come out running from the chainsaw guy, lol?

I don't get scared really anymore, except for when I went to Alice Coopers Nightmare, when I lived in Phoenix. It had great effects, props, and costumes. I'm talking the girl from the Exorcist (a live person) hung from the ceiling up against her bed, spitting water through a tube you could hardly see at you, which the lights made look green. It was so scary! No joke, we went in with a group of people, and my husband of course walked ahead to scare me even more, and me and this lady that I didn't know came out holding onto each others shirts, lolol!

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 9:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• I haven't been scared by one yet. However, the last time I was in one (last year about this time), the person behind me at the Ripley's one in Gatlinburg scared the living crap out of me. She was terrified the whole way through, and we rounded this turn and grabbed my hand and screamed and yanked on me so hard she almost pulled me to the ground. THAT was scary lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I do fine until the chainsaw guy at the end. Every haunted house I have gone to has the chainsaw guy. I can smell the fume, hear the thing buzz, but I still run my ass off when I get to the end.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• A good one? Yeah... but those are few and far between...

I used to be involved with one a few years back and it was awesome. At the time we were rated one of the top 10 in the state, and we were just this little VFD Haunted House... But it was beyond awesome! Now, I tend to look for the strings, cause I know they are there...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Only if there is anything that resembles a spider. I have arachnophobia and can't stand spiders, real or fake. My family and friends tease me about it. I went to one haunted house that had this giant spider thing toward the end. I was fine through all the other stuff, then this spider pops out and scares the living daylights out of me!
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I do not attend these anymore as my nephew sadly died while actually working at one. It was first ruled accidental suicide then further into the investigation it was ruled homicide and no one has been brought to justice as of yet. The haunted house did not even close the night of the incident.

gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I use to LOVE going to them, but a few years ago I was kidnapped and raped, so now my startle reflex is to great for me to go anymore. I would probably hurt someone and not mean to. Really SUCKS!
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 10:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes in the Haunted House! It was PSYCHO 13 in Douglasville GA. He was found hanging from sheets that were hung as part of the "show", the haunted house is held in an old warehouse.
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't like the chainsaw guy either. And, for some reason they always like to scream and jump in my face. There's one out here called Reaper's Realm that's been a tradition to go to since I was 16.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 11:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I do not attend these anymore as my nephew sadly died while actually working at one. It was first ruled accidental suicide then further into the investigation it was ruled homicide and no one has been brought to justice as of yet. The haunted house did not even close the night of the incident."

In the haunted house?! That is horrible! Regardless, I'm so sorry. How tragic. :(
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I thought of another good one I've been to. In Indianapolis, there's one called the Hannah House. It's a historical home that used to be part of the underground railroad. Supposedly a lot of slaves died in the basement. It's been open as a haunted house in the basement since the 70's. A lot of people have claimed to have seen things there that were not supposed to be part of the haunted house, including my parents.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2010