How long should I wait to start exercising after miscarriage?

I had a miscarriage one week ago tomorrow and want to know if it's safe to resume working out? Doc told me when I felt up to it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i would guess if you feel physically ok to do it, and your dr. says its OK then i dont see a problem. Just start out slow & dont push yourself too hard for a week or 2 just to be safe.
    Sorry about the miscarriage :( *hugs*
    Anonymous

• I would say consult your doctor first just to make sure that your body will be able to handle. Im sorry to hear about your lost
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 10:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Take it easy, first start out walking. Then warm into your routine.
    way2cute

Answer by way2cute at 11:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Follow your doctor's lead. If you are not in any pain, don't feel lethargic, then I think you could start slowly. If anything hurts, stop, otherwise proceed, but don't try to do your regular workout the first time. Slowly get back to that. I'm sorry for your loss.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:34 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• If you feel like you are up to it, then I would start slow, with just walking and stretching. Don't overdo it. I am sorry for your loss.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2010