What to do about a mama's boy???????????

My husband constantly and I mean constantly drops EVERYTHING to go do whatever his mama wants. And I can ask him to do one little simple house chore and its still not done and my car still leaking oil from somewhere and tire needs air, but his mama calls and ask him to dive to her home 20 minutes away cause her tires needs air and he runs!!! And if we get in a fuss or have a problem he calls his mama to tell her about it and gets her mad at me cause we fussing and puts her on speaker phone to fuss me out??? Im sick of it and can't take it anymore, oh and if we dont have sex or if something is wrong sexually he calls his mama??? What to do, what to do??? Im about read for a divorce just because he wont stop being a mama's boy and choosing her over me. Please help, Thank YOU !!

orthochick

Asked by orthochick at 10:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• Turn it around on him thats what I did....DH used to complain to his mom about things that we got into it about so I started talking to his mom about the things that he did that he shouldnt have done or said...then his mom would chew him a new one lol. He backed off with calling her. Although I dont know what to do about him running over to her...We live 14 hours away from my MIL. so that is not a problem here. Good luck.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Tell him you need to be the #1 woman in his life, or he and his mom can grow old together. My DH is a momma's boy, too, and I have to out my foot down sometimes and remind him that my family is just as important as his, or that his mom should not dictate how we parent, etc. If you can't talk to him, try counseling, and you can talk about it there.
    Good luck!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• @ Shelii, I tried that already and it didnt work it just cause her to get very upset with me, cursing at me and then telling lies and trying to get my husband to hate me. She is almost a instagator and wants him to go running to her just so we will have troubles. Im just tired and sick of it. Ive put up with it for so long that Im ready to just quit and im not a quitter. We already have faught about this same situation aobut a year ago and i toldhim if it ever happened again i would leave, cause his mama is vindictive and she tries to make him just hate me. Thanks for your help, like now Im sitting here bymyself cuase she called him to go to walmart to go get her medicine. So he had to dive 20 minutes to get prescription and come back 20 min to walmart then back to her house 20 min. well he left at 6???? and he wonders why i fell he cheats or whatever he is doing im sick of it.
    orthochick

Comment by orthochick (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My sil is going through this with her so. EVERYTHING goes to his parents. She said she is about ready to tell him to go live with them until he can grow up and then come back in a year or two! I understand it can be frustrating and maybe you just have to give him an ultimatum. Not that he can't see her or help her - but that he doesn't run there every second. He has to tell her he needs to take care of his family too. Then make him stick by it. It is WRONG for him to discuss YOUR marriage with is mother. Especially bedroom issues - they belong in YOUR bedroom!!! Between YOU. Good luck!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Tell him that he needs to grow up. I guess if you needed to go to the hospital, he'd have to do something for her first. I also think he's telling stuff that is too personal for her to know. It's none of her business about your sex life and your fights between him. If he puts you on speaker phone, don't say anything or simply walk out the room. That would make me mad. Or start telling people about your sex life or something and let him see what it feels like on the other side. I wish you luck on this.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:22 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My husband's mom is sick so she gets a lot done but when wew want. Plus i get alot from her. Give up that notion that he will stop, he is not going to. I stopped nagging and became my mil's bf. You get a lot more if you are nice to her.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 5:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Wow...you're describing me lol. I told me the other day he's married to his mother and I'm his mistress.idk how to fix it because I'm going thru the same thing. We live less than 5 minutes from her and he works with his mom so the umbilical cord is just getting stronger. I don't tell him anything I don't want her to hear and sex is sooo nonexistant. Btw its not helping. Ultinatums are next
    elyssek832

Answer by elyssek832 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2010