How to get rid of skin tags

I have a skin tag on my neck that is noticeable and it is bothering me every time I look in the mirror.Does anyone have any ideas on home remedies to get it off that is besides snipping it off.:)I'm to much of a wuss to that.Something maybe that will dry it out......

Ananomys

Asked by Ananomys at 10:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• You can tie a a small piece of thread tightly around it, it will die and fall off on it's own. You can snip it off with scissors, or you can actually freeze it off with Wartner.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You can talk to your doctor and have them remove it. I don't know of any home remedies but this procedure is quick and easy, they burn it off using a noninvasive instrument and depending on how big it is it will either fall off at burn off. Good luck.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 10:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• like pp said it depends on how big it is...if it's big they'll numb it then cut it off but if it's small they just cut it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I would speak with your doctor about them. I have known some people who have had them removed only to have more pop up.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• MY SISTER HAD 1 AN THE DR. TIED A STRING TO IT & IT CAME OFF ON ITS OWN
    bell3

Answer by bell3 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• yes the doctor can take it off.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I have had them in the past. The dermatologist numbs the area, then snips them off. I have also had them burned off by a doctor. It is best to get rid of them, but I wouldn't try any home remedies.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I'd talk to a dermatologist about it. I know it's a quick/easy procedure and I'd be too worried about infection to just snip it off at home.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2010