Why is it so hard for me to make friends? I moved to a new state and..... How do you make newfriends??? Pathetic. LOL

I am sociable, friendly and caring. I have friends back home that I occasionally talk to and wantsome Company!!!!

mommymeof2

Asked by mommymeof2 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Girl, I went away over 10 years ago when my DH was in the Army. Came back and I'm still trying to make new friends! When you discover the secret, let me know! ;o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I've been there...and I'm still there. Its not as easy as it used to be. People have suggested to me that I should join groups, clubs, etc. I stay at home with my son, so its not like I have the opportunity to make friends at work either. Anyway, I know I'm not helping you much! Good luck on your friends search!
    supermomkell

Answer by supermomkell at 11:02 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i feel your pain. i moved from cali to ky in july of last yr and i have only made one friend... then she moved an hour away! i think that i am going to sign up for a mommy and me class soon. you should sign up you kiddos for something... that might get the ball rolling
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 11:05 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I was in your shoes over 27 years ago. I moved 800 miles away from home. The first few months were tough but I kept going. I found each new friend in different places. One at the apartment building, one at the park where I would take my newborn for daily strolls, one at the bookstore where I'd spent hours reading because we couldn't afford to buy books then, one at an event I went to one Sunday afternoon. I just started talking to people. If they didn't want to talk I moved on to the next one. Keep your chin up and just keep trying. Go to different things you like and eventually you'll run into someone who is on the same page as you.
    ustisasa

Answer by ustisasa at 11:17 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• We moved to a new city and finally bought a house last November...I have met several new Momma friends at the weekly story time at the public library! Maybe you could try that out?
    love.my.girls

Answer by love.my.girls at 1:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I can't make friends either. I only made like, one real friend during my whole time at college! I'm still friends with my lifelong buddies, but can't make new ones. I think I don't really know how. Plus, I'm weird and I don't think everyone gets me!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2008