Am I making a big deal out of this?

I need a different perspective. A year ago my husband was laid off due to the economy. He began an online business that took up the majority of his time. Because the job market has been so unstable I did not push him to look for employment but instead supported him in his endeavor. He did really good and we were making it. In fact, the business was starting to do really good and we were beginning to feel like we were going to be fine when suddenly the business failed. He is attempting to start over but can not use his name so he is now using two individuals who he claims are trustworthy. This means whatever money he makes will go to accts with their names NOT HIS. Trust someone or not I say this is risky and unstable. I am fearful he will focus on this and it will blow up in his face. I would like to know what he invests his time in will have some security for him and our family. He things I am wrong. Am I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I WOULD NEVER TRUST SOMEONE THAT MUCH...even family stab you in the back what makes you thing friends will not...why did he not use your name???

NO YOU ARE NOT WRONG...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 10:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• First off, why can't he use his own name? In business your number one asset is your name.

Second, No. Sorry, but I would not trust anyone that much. It sounds very fishy to me.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think you have a right to be worried. People get all sort of shady when money is involved, and I'm sure you'd hate to see your husband get screwed over by people that he trusts that much.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I don't trust ANYONE when it comes to 2 things: my kids and money
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Go to a lawyer and have papers drawn up to protect your part in the business.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• That's a risk I wouldn't take if it will the family. Single man, no kids take the risk you will only hurt yourself. But when you have a family, that changes the ball game.. I say no. Dont do it!
    way2cute

Answer by way2cute at 1:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010