How do you get someone to listen to you?!

I have been concerned for this young woman (she's 23) and her 3 mo old baby. I was led to believe that she was in horrible danger. It turns out she isn't in the dire straights she told me she was. (For those that don't recall or weren't here, she was telling me her DH was beating her with a baseball bat. Turns out he was hitting the walls in their apt. Still dangerous - but she refuses to leave him even though she's lost her son for not leaving him.) So, since she refuses to get out of this relationship - I don't feel I really need to put my family on the back burner for her "emergencies" that are more like her "days of her life" self induced drama episodes.

She has now informed me that she is moving her bed, boxes and food into my house. I told her there is no room and there isn't! I had told her she and her baby could stay if she really truly needed somewhere to go to be safe. Well, since she called the police almost

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• She's probably looking for a free ride. With all due respect, she has used you and you are going to have to tell her that she's going to have to go somewhere else. Doesn't she have any other friends? Also, change your phone number if you have to.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:04 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• a week ago when things were sooooo bad, she gave her DH the 3 mo old baby and he's been staying with HIS GIRLFRIEND and HER 2 teenage dd's have been smoking pot around the baby!! Even though she knows this, she STILL hasn't even tried to go get her dd! I don't feel I can do anymore for her. She won't stop asking for help! I HAVE called CPS and they've received a report from the police.

She has her stuff outside my door right now. Waiting for me to let her move in.
    Babylove76

Comment by Babylove76 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010