How old is too old for Trick or treating?

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/momentsofmotherhood/how-old-is-too-old-for-trick-or-treating-2403664/
I read this story and found it intresting, we have one rule when it comes to trick or treaters in our house hold. No costume=No candy.
we have plenty of teens that come knocking waring no costume expecting hand outs and I tell them to hit the pavement. However as far as Im concerned if ur dressed up and 40 years old, I might find you weird, and be a little concerned but Ill hand out in the spirt of the holiday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• I'd give candy to anyone, but really, I think at about 15 or 16, it's time to stop.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Exactly what I was goon say, I'm 46 and I put on wings and draw fanciful circles on my face and go with my kids. I love to get a few handfuls of candy!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Our town - anything over 13 - no trick-or-treating. And no masks on the face when you are over 16 per state law.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I disagree. In our home 13 is the last yr you go trick or treating. After that they can have a party or attend someone elses. I also enforce the no costume no candy. LOL, I do keep a bowl of buble gum to the side for the ridiculously big kids that come to the door. The good treats are for the little ones.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i stopped when i was 13.
    christina110

Answer by christina110 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• 13 is too old IMO
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My ex DH and his current wife both have birthdays in October so Halloween is just and extension of their birthdays, but anyway, they dress up as Plug and Socket and bring a shot glass and hold it out and say "Drink or treat!"

BTW, they are alcoholics...
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I like the no costume=no candy rule. I put no age limit on it.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Over age 12...by then they should be going to Halloween parties, and such!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Now that I'm thinking about it- as long as someone is in a costume, polite, and generally having some good clean fun, I really don't care how old they are.

Especially with the teenage crowd, I honestly think they'd be more likely to get in trouble at a party than out getting a share of candy.

Oh, and the polite thing applies to all ages. I had words with some of my neighborhood kids who had to be about 8 or 9 a couple years ago because they demanded more. I was less happy to be giving them anything than my teenage neighbor kids.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010