Child support or mental health adult content

Idk if I should take my exhusband to court for child support or just forget him and live my life? Him and his family make my life a living hell, they are so evil. The past year everything has been so good and my kids are doing 100% better without him around. Money is not the issue because I can find work anywhere but should I let him get off easy or make him pay?

Mandyof3

Asked by Mandyof3 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• Does he see his kids? Have you asked him to sign off his rights?
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 10:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If he hasn't shown interest, and the kids are doing better without him, I know I'll catch flack for this- but leave it alone.

My kids do sooooo much better when their sperm donor isn't around, and if I hadn't pushed for child support, he wouldn't have any interest in seeing them.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• if you dont want him around then dont file for support....in most cases if they pay support they also have rights...for visitation etc...
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• He has 2 other kids with 2 other women, he is still with one and is active with that one but he doesn't call or ask about them. He is a real Ahole!!! I didn't want to be the reason they don't see him but he is mentaly abusive with me and I just don't need the abuse anymore. Great advice ladies!
    Mandyof3

Comment by Mandyof3 (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• well the truth is if he decides he wants visitation he can petition for it whether he pays child support or not. You might as well make him be financially responsible for his children.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 10:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• If it were me, Id make him pay child support but have the money put into a savings account for your children.
    eblstanford

Answer by eblstanford at 10:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think u schould file child support ,why schould u take care of your kids fiancially by yourself......I agree with eblstanford,put it in a savings account for the kids..
    tanya120

Answer by tanya120 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• In ohio, child support and visitation are two separate things. You can make him pay child support and still deny him visitation. He should have to provide financially for his kids.
    elizabg

Answer by elizabg at 11:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• he has a right to see the kids with child support or not so why not have him support his children
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Don't make a hasty decision. I think you should make him pay support, whether or not he sees the kids. There may come a time in the future where you really need that money. If you don't want to use it now, set it aside for their college.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:47 AM on Oct. 27, 2010