when your s/o isnt home at bedtime do you have a hard time sleeping?

My hubby is working afternoons for a while...he doesnt get home until late so I find myself staying up way too late watching TV or on the computer because if I go to bed I can't sleep anyway. Eventually I will get used to it but the first few days are difficult.

foxracing43701

Asked by foxracing43701 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• I do. My dh is working second shift tonight and I will be up late. :)
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No,I think I actually sleep better...
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 10:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yes. I hate going to bed without my hubby.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• No.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• This past summer my husband had a lot of O/T and was working nutty hours. I could not sleep at all the first couple of weeks. I had to bring our 6 yr old into bed with me just to have somebody to snuggle with. It was awful. It does get better though - I can now fall asleep without him but I'm not sure if that's necessarily a good thing.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My husband is working that shift now. I'm still here, at CM. I can't sleep either. (They both should be home soon.)   He works all 3 shifts, so I can't get on any kind of normal sleep schedule.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 10:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Is it bad that I actually sleep better alone?
    its true I do.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 10:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My husband works third shift and it took me forever to get used to it. I pass out right away now, but I still have to have our boy in the bed (he's almost three, and had to sleep with me while we were living with family, and we just haven't broken the habit since I'm more comfortable with him with me at night when its just the two of us) or I can't sleep at all. I prefer to keep the dog in our room, too, but its kind of hard for my husband when he sleeps during the day if I have to put her in her crate.... I'm going to work on hoping she'll behave at night while I'm asleep - enough to where I can at least leave her loose in our room on a blanket or something.... (I don't trust her in the whole house with no supervision, not all night.) Anyway, lol, I hate being without him, I miss that intimate part of actually sleeping in the same bed, the cuddling and being close, if you get what I mean - just the closeness... :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• YES! My husband is Out of Town & i woke up every hour on the hour last night- i am sure i will do it all over again tonight!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• MIne gets up at 2:30 am for work so he isn't in bed with me that much during the week. I got used to it. He snores so I actually get my best sleep after he leaves for work.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 10:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010