Why do so many women use Halloween as an excuse to dress so skimpy?

Like, seriously, I know so many women who dress conservatively all year, then comes Halloween and they're dressed like they're about to perform a striptease. Has anyone else noticed this? Why do all of the womens costumes have to be sexy? I'm not gonna lie, when I was younger I dressed in a few sexy costumes, but I was never as nearly naked as some women I see.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 10:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Holidays

• I noticed a lt of people I know do this. It is highly inappropriate, especially since it gets very cold here around halloween time, and they complain about being cold.
    I like to dress warm on halloween, and make my costume scary, (though this year I may have to make an exception since my 5 month old probably won't like it)
    AlyssaJones

Answer by AlyssaJones at 10:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Cause it's fun, why not? One day a year to to dress up and NOT be judged!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I notice it too and it bothers me.
    Isaidit

Answer by Isaidit at 10:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It bothers me mostly because of the message it sends to my daughter. Even the little girl costumes are skanky.
    Isaidit

Answer by Isaidit at 10:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• ya, skimpy is a lot nicer word than what i was thinking of.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Because I can! I don't wear my costume around my child BUT I work in a bar and I get better tips. Plus its the one night a year I can show off as much as I please and its ok. I have fun I feel sexy and I have a good time.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I'm 26 years old 5'5 115 lbs a D cup and I have absolutely no stretch marks...I'm gonna wear sexy halloween costumes while I can
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 10:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Dude, if I had the body I used to have, I wish I would have fluanted it more.. right now skimpy for me would be a well.. size too bigger than anyone wants to see lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• because its fun and every woman likes to feel sexy...frankly, while i have seen a few women who look absolutely trashy, i think that most of the time when women complain about other women dressing too sexy its only because they cant pull off the outfit themselves. im not referring to you personally, just my thoughts in general. i've made fun of women who are dreessed ridiculously and trying to hard for attention and i'm sure people have talked about me at times too...but i intend to wear a very tight super short pinstriped dress that shows alot of clevage with a black tie tied around my bare neck and black stilletos and a pinstriped "pimp" hat as my "gangster girl" costume. i think its absolutely adorable and when i put it on and asked my SO if he liked it, he smiled and said "yeah." i know its sexy and thats the point. its the one day that grown women get to play dress up and i plan to take full advantage!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I understand you can, and that's fine. I just don't know how some women feel okay walking around in lingerie just because it's Halloween.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 10:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2010