My husband is going to put a black fridge in a tiny efficiency kitchen?!

When you walk down the hallway you are forced to look at the entire width of the refrigerator due to the layout. It's like a wall you are forced to look at walking down the hallway. The walls are beige. Does anyone possibly think this could look good? He's going to paint our white one that we are junking black for a trial run.

Isaidit

Asked by Isaidit at 10:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Home & Garden

• This seriously bothers you? its just a fridge.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 10:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Just a fridge? A big black box in the middle of a room? Just a fridge? It's not tucked away in a nice little corner in a large kitchen. Like I said, you will see the entire width, as if it were a wall, of the fridge
    Isaidit

Comment by Isaidit (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Will it fit anywhere else? If not then I dont see the problem...
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You put your child's art work on it. You put colorful magnets on it that you get on your favorite vacations. You don't have to keep it a big black box.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It will make my efficiency size kitchen appear to be the size of a postage stamp.
    Isaidit

Comment by Isaidit (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Yeah... I agree it's kind of a dumb idea. It might stick out like a sore thumb. Thankfully you guys are doing a trial run.
    Although you can always get it fitted to with matching cabinet fronts to match the rest of your kitchen.
    I would def. go with stainless steel or white.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• OK, in a rental, a working fridge is the most important!! This from a long time, long term renter. How much rent are you charging? Could the tenant change the fridge to their own if it is too bothersome fot them?
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think the trial run is a fabulous idea! I know it's hard when the dh doesn't see the same decoratoive vision for the house that you do (that's my life, lol).

Here is what I would do. The beige walls in the hallway - pull some black into them. The easist way is with a black framed mirror os black framed pics. So when you come down the hall, you see black & beige (which go well together) in different spots. For the fridge I would get a nice set of magnets, hopefully with alot of beige in them. That might be a great place for a VERY LARGE calender - it will be functional and can cover a large section of the black fridge - leaving a black frame (the fridge) around the outside.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 9:25 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Well at least it is a trial run and then a good debate on why it does or doesn't work. At least at this point it is not permanent.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2010