do you agree that people are getting pedicures done on their little girls , younger and younger .

seems like lots of moms are in a huge hurry for their little gilrs to show an interest in pedicures and manicures . seems odd to me , my friend puts polish on her one year olds toes !!!!! why wont people let them be little

maymummy

Asked by maymummy at 10:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• They probably think of it as cute for their kids.
    Though personally I hate getting my nails done, I prefer when people let their nails be, usually looks better.
    AlyssaJones

Answer by AlyssaJones at 10:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think professional pedis/manis are OK if your daughter is a pre-teen or teen. Prior to that age, I don't really see the reasoning behind it.. besides for a special occasion or something
    I can't imagine putting nail polish on a toddler, though. That's just dumb. My daughter chews and sucks on her toes all the time... they must be absolutely delicious! which means she would be consuming the nail polish, as well.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Okay, I take my 2 year old to get mani/pedis with me. All they do is wash her feet and rub lotion on them and polish them. My kids are one and two and I paint both if their nails regularly. They like it and they don't eat it. MammaofH2, YOU might have the opinion that that is dumb, but then I'm sure YOU do alot of things I would consider dumb. (although I would NEVER call another persons parenting style "dumb" That a little immature...don't you think?)
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 10:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I agree with you 100 percent crunchy mama. my 2 year old has her toes painted and I paint my one month olds toes to. Its nothing wrong with polish. Ppl need to stop being so judgmental and accept that everyone does things diffrently. THIS IS NOT THE STONE AGE PPL
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 10:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• i painted my daughters toes at around 5 or 6 months for the first time. She never put her feet in her mouth. I didn't do her fingers til closer to 18 months b/c she did put those in her mouth. She liked having them done.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• What does it matter really? I took my 3 year old DD to have a pedicure on my birthday this year. It was the first pedicure either of us had EVER had. We have SO MUCH fun.

They used all organic lotions and non toxic polish. Plus the spa we went to has an awesome ventilation system and everything is all seperated so you literally can't smell chemcial s at all.

I painted my DD's toes at 1. I honestly DO NOT see what the big deal is. She doesn't eat it, she had fun and we bonded over mommy/daughter time.

It does NOT harm them in ANY way.

To say that it's "dumb" is extremely immature. I can respect that you choose not to do it but that certainly does not make me or any other mother for that matter "dumb" for doing it.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think alot of toddlers/little girls like to get them done because they get "to be like mommy". I personally don't see anything wrong with it if the child no longer sucks on her toes and puts her feet in her mouth. Putting make-up on babies, spray tans, coloring/highlighting their hair, on the other hand, I have a HUGE problem with.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My daughters LOVE getting their nails done. When my hubby came home from Afghanistan he took our 4 y/o out to get a pedicure for $25. She really liked it. It is not something I would do on a regular basis but, it is fun for little girls. We paint all their girls' finger and toe nails also. We do dye their hair on occasion but, no make-up or tanning.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• We colored my 4 and 5 y/o hair because they wanted blue and pink hair. It was cute!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• My dd is 21 months we pain her toes, We have done this ever sense she was 4 months old.She likes it.and don't bite her toes.I haven't done her finger nail yet she just quit biting them.So hell I will get them too lol.I don't think it is stupid,if you think it is stupid oh well life goes on.You can't please every one I don't try to.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 1:05 AM on Oct. 27, 2010