feeling lost

i just feel lost and unhappy. i am married but we barely speak he cheated we ended up staying together for our own reasons most days are not so bad but there are moments when i am sad because i think how wonderful it would to be happy and in love and to know that this person wanted to be with you. i guess my dream last nite just made me realize how much i feel like i am missing out on. just figured if i got out of my system i might feel better

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• How long has it been since the affair? My MIL told me when we went through a semi-affair situation (highly unappropriate, but still in a grey-ish area) that it took a solid year of really trying to get those feelings back. In my experience, it was pretty accurate. I had a lot of days that were very hard to essentially fake it till I made it, but it was totally worth it. Its been like 3 years now and I'm so glad I did go through it and stay with my husband.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 10:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• sorry wish you luck
    skipet13

Answer by skipet13 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You make your own happiness, not him. I worry about your happiness is based on being in love. That's relationship addiction and should be dealt with
    Anonymous

• Its never easy loving someone that mistreated you...but you cannot allow him to bring happiness in your life. You direct your happiness.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2010