I'm broken!!

I don't know whats wrong with me or how to even fix it! My sex drive is GONE...I mean totally completely dead! My boyfriend & I have been together for a little over a year...we have a 6month son together & I have an 18month old son from a previous relationship. My boyfriend and I have had sex nearly every night since we got together so I don't know why all that has changed. I started using depo as birth control a few months ago...but I have used it before for about 5yrs before I went off it and never had this problem. We still have sex on occasion but its not 'cuz I want it...more like "pity" sex 'cuz he wants it. I love him & I still find him attractive, so I don't know whats wrong with me. Even when he attempts foreplay all it does is piss me off, I don't want to be touched at all...that if we are gonna have sex just get to it and make it quick.
SO...how do I get my sex drive back?

Dabugg698

Asked by Dabugg698 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• Honestly, I was on depo, and it lowered my sex drive as well! Its not gone forever. Is there something else going on in your life? Something eating at you? Your mind is really strong, maybe try taking sometime away from the kids with your boyfriend, and know the intent is to get "frisky" drink some wine or whatever!! Laugh, flirt, and have fun together, sometimes kids are such a distraction. Maybe you just need to connect again???
    jennieo622

Answer by jennieo622 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I have the same thing going on, i wish i never had to do it again..but im not on the depo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• BUGG, I'm here, AGAIN! LOL I am getting off the Depo on November 3rd. Doc thinks it's the reason I'm holding onto this weight...anyways, I have been on and off it since I was 16, it's never affected my weight until AFTER peyton, soooo maybe you should think about switching to something else, try it out, see if that could be PART of the issue. WE know it's not all of it though!

Did you ever think that maybe you aren't IN LOVE with him? Maybe that's why you aren't all that into it anymore?
    tytysgirl

Answer by tytysgirl at 11:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I never had a problem with the depo as far as sex goes & I've been on and off it since I was 16 too. I do however had a problem with it as far as the weight issue goes. Rene wants me to stop taking depo & try something else but ..well...I don't trust anything else. I got pregoo off the pill before & I'm NOT doing an IUD...which is why I started depo.
    I do love him...but I just dont want sex at all...I don't dream/think about it- nothing!
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• If you are under any stress what so ever, even the lightest stress can make your horomones go whack... dont fret... all you need to do is find some way to relieve it..
    ashdenney

Answer by ashdenney at 12:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I went thru that after the kids were born and wasn't on any type of b/c. I just had zero interest in it. I was too consumed with the kid/s, and think my hormones were out of whack. To have two babies in such a short amount of time your body is prolly wanting a break from all of it. Not bashing you for having them but it takes up to 5 yrs for the body to go back to normal I hear from pregnancy/delivery.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

AGREE WITH HER ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I'M SOOOOOO OVER IT!
    Anonymous

• I would recommend you see your Dr. about possible hormone problems. I have been effected like that when my hormones were out of whack. I however am NOT over it so I would be freaking out and going to the Dr. ASAP if it was me.....that's another conversation though. hehehehe
    Anonymous

• You have two kids under two! That would do it for me!
    Anonymous