only happy when held!?

my son is two months old he has a touch of colic he seems like he is only happy when i am holding him or he is in the bath or in car or for a walk. he has short periods where he is happy for a few mins but ive tried the swing and the bouncers and the play yards and everything that we could think of. well truly i am just wondering if anyone else has this problem or has? and if it will get better? and if i did this by holding him to much?

ZaynesMommy827

Asked by ZaynesMommy827 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• He's 2 months old. Colic has nothing to do with him wanting to be held. It's in his nature and MOST babies nature. Hold him.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• It'll get better I promise, just enjoy this time when he is cuddley!!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• That's normal. He just wants his mommy or constant attention. They need to be held a lot, and some, even all the time. Yes, it will eventually get easier, but it may last for a while.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I think its normal my one month old loves being held she just wants her mommys undevided attention
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 11:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• The best advice I could offer is get a baby wrap, like the moby wrap, or message me and I can tell you make your own, and wear him, he'll be a happy camper and you can have your hands free if you have things that need to get done =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Uhmmm, I wasn't rude. I told the truth. Babies want and need held. Colic or not.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• He wants to be held because your his mommy and all of his love, safety, and life come from you. Hold hiim. Cherish him. It will end.... even on the days it doesn't feel like it every will.

I have 3 kids, all of which have had a long, drawn out "4th trimester." I carried them all the time. I do recommend carriers--- at 2m its totally worth making a moby style carrier or a pouch sling and looking into mei tai when the baby is older.

My baby is 5m old now and is just starting to want to be on her own and play a little. It makes me sad when she pushes off of me, but she is my little sunshine baby. She is exploring her world as she is ready.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 11:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• this doesn't really sound like colic... More like growing spurts and brain developments and that causes some babies to cry more often than others. I think you really do need to lvoe your baby and hold your baby as much as you can...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• thank u all i do hold him constantly but was just wondering if it was normal my bff has a 4 month old and he is so content by himself and i was just wondering from others experience if it was normal i love holding him but didnt wanna ruine him or anything lol
    ZaynesMommy827

Comment by ZaynesMommy827 (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• You can't spoil a baby. Some babies need to be held more than others. Just like adults have different personalities, so do babies. I agree that investing in a good carrier is a good idea. I LOVE my Ergo Baby. DS is 2 now, and we still use it all the time. Babies don't have wants, they have needs, and your baby needs to be held. Enjoy it, because soon enough, baby will be struggling his way out of your arms! Have you looked into attachment parenting? You can take what you want from any parenting style and make it your own, but this one might be the one that keeps your baby happiest.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:39 AM on Oct. 27, 2010