I'm broken!!

I don't know whats wrong with me or how to even fix it! My sex drive is GONE...I mean totally completely dead! My boyfriend & I have been together for a little over a year...we have a 6month son together & I have an 18month old son from a previous relationship. My boyfriend and I have had sex nearly every night since we got together so I don't know why all that has changed. I started using depo as birth control a few months ago...but I have used it before for about 5yrs before I went off it and never had this problem. We still have sex on occasion but its not 'cuz I want it...more like "pity" sex 'cuz he wants it. I love him & I still find him attractive, so I don't know whats wrong with me. Even when he attempts foreplay all it does is piss me off, I don't want to be touched at all...that if we are gonna have sex just get to it and make it quick.
SO...how do I get my sex drive back?

Dabugg698

Asked by Dabugg698 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Health

• Fake it till you make it mama... And keep in mind the depo can effect you differently post baby then it did before you had kids. Call your doctor and have your hormone levels checked.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• BUGG! You answered yourself as to WHY you have no sex drive! YOU HAVE AN 18 MONTH OLD AND A 6 MONTH OLD! Think about all the stress you deal with! Divorce, work, relationships, dogs, KIDS, etc., etc.! You need to learn how to take some time for yourself. MAKE rene's ass take care of the boys for 1 HOUR, that's it, 1 hour so you can soak in a bath and shave and have bubbles and a drink. You WILL get your sex drive back if you take some time to appreciate yourself and feel sexy and LOVED and not like your just a mom and wifey. YOU ARE A WOMAN too! You know you still want "IT" but you don't have the energy because you're ALWAYS on the go! SLOW DOWN! Oh and I can't believe the boys are 18 and 6 months ALREADY! AH!!!
    tytysgirl

Answer by tytysgirl at 11:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• We tried to have a date night last weekend..and coulnd't 'cuz Lil A had a fever so date night was canceled....I just want to sleep thats it. Rene trys to be all sweet & careing...he cuddles trys to kiss and i don't want any of it...its like damn...get up off me...heres a dirty movie/magazine do it urself...Id even thought of dropping him off at a strip club just to leave me alone (but that backfired last time). When I did get to take a nice long hot shower...I got out..and just wanted to sleep!!!
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I think you are depressed! I know I would be if I had HALF of what you have going on. Depression can cause you to feel tired, sick, and a lack of sex drive. But then extreame stress can cause that too.
    TamiJ7775

Answer by TamiJ7775 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I used Depo years before I had my baby and then again after. It wasn't the same, and like you, I had a massive drop in sex drive, it almost disgusted me. I switched to a different birth control and about two long months later, I got my sex drive back. Maybe you need a change in B.C. And maybe you need some one to watch your kids for a few hours so you can take a long bath, and have some time to yourself.
    Anonymous

• yep depo shots are horrible it happened to me i didnt want sex and anything to do with my then boyfriend we almost brokeup because of it so i stopped getting the shots and i was back to normal it took a couple of weeks you should call your gyn and tell him or her whats going on!
    Anonymous