How do you make your money go further??

Any ideas on how to stretch out your money to get more? IE: grogeries, cloths, bills? any ideas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2010 in Money & Work

• Plan meals around weekly specials
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I cloth diaper, make my own laundry detergent, and when I get my cycle back I'll be using the Diva Cup rather than disposable feminine products.... I'll come back if I think of more, lol
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• I save up my money a lot, put it into the bank.
    But I only buy stuff on sale, and what i need, rather then what i want.
    Since I am a single mother I cannot afford to be spending on stuff I don't need.
    AlyssaJones

Answer by AlyssaJones at 11:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• Plan meals...using lots of homemade soups. Buy sales of both food and clothes. I only buy new clothes if it is an awesome sale 75%. For the kids I buy at a consignment kids store on their $2 rack. This just means the stuff has been in the store for awhile we often get some great stuff. Also I join with other moms in doing clothing swaps for the kids.
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2010

• call around and price more cable and internet packages and mabe get something at a better price or signin up and you can also save monthly or cell phone companies also . Start buying some similar brands on food and buy in bulf it saves in long run . Instead of buying a coffee or lunch make them at home and save tons. Going out to to movies bofore 5 also saves on ur ticket price. Start buying the sunay paper and clip cupons . donmt go home for lunch stay at work and save on gass . pay bills online or on phone and also saves gas. make food at home and try not to eat out . hope some of these ideas help ya
    kimmi85035

Answer by kimmi85035 at 3:17 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Use coupons and buy things only when they are on sale.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 11:28 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Know how much money you have coming in versus going out. Use coupons. Take advantage of sales. Don't buy anything you don't need.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 27, 2010

• A zero based budget. You and your SO decide before hand how you're going to spend every single dime. That way nothing slips through the cracks. Of course you can change it mid-month. Just have both of you agree on it first. Saves us about 10% on our monthly expenses. Plus we don't feel the pinch =)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2010